Couples celebration ceremonies
Celebrate your once-in-a-lifetime commitment with an unforgettable wedding celebration ceremony. Or renew your vows to mark a special anniversary.
Wedding and civil partnership celebrations
Once you’ve completed the formalities at a register office, your special ceremony can be held anywhere, at any time and be completely personalised to you.
Everything and anything is possible. Together we will create an unforgettable ceremony that is unique to you and your love – the only limit is your imagination!
Renewal of vows
A successful marriage is certainly something worth celebrating! A renewal of vows can be arranged at any time but is a particularly lovely way to mark a special anniversary or turning point in your life.
Your ceremony, your choice
Because your ceremony is tailored to you, the first step is always a chat to find out if I’m the right celebrant for you.
Let’s see what magic we can make together!
Personalising your wedding celebration
Poems, readings, music
The most beautiful ceremonies include a variety of different elements. The important thing is that all of them mean something to you as a couple.
How about the track that was playing when you first met? A poem that has words to express what you can’t quite say yourself? A reading that encapsulates your hopes and dreams for the future?
This special day is an opportunity for each of you to think about how your marriage or civil partnership will flourish over the years.
You may like to write your own promises or, with your special relationship in mind, I can write meaningful words that fully express the love you feel for each other.
Actions often speak louder than words and, once I know you better, I can suggest elements for your ceremony that celebrate your unique love.
All will be especially tailored to you but, to get you started, I’ve suggested some ideas here on the website.
Remember, anything is possible!
Your professionalism was amazing together with your care, presentation and attention to detail. I will recommend you to any person that needs a celebrant.
Wedding / Civil Partnership Package
Your package includes:
- an initial, no obligation chat to enable you to decide if I’m the right celebrant for you
- a meeting to discuss how we make the ceremony personal and unforgettable for you and your guests
- access to resources for poems, readings and symbolic acts
- a professionally drafted ceremony, created exclusively for you
- unlimited reviews and revisions
- liaison with the venue, if applicable, and with other ceremony participants
- professional leadership of the ceremony on the day, helping ensure everything runs as smoothly as possible
- a beautifully presented certificate if you would like a certificate signing (note, this is not a legal document)
- a keepsake copy of the ceremony as a memento of your special day
- from £650
Please note that, depending on your choices, there may be additional charges for materials. These will be made fully transparent when discussed and all are optional.
I am a professional independent celebrant based in Kent and it’s my joy and privilege to travel throughout the south east to create and deliver ceremonies celebrating love and life.
Mon – Sat: 08:00 – 20:00
Sun: 12:00 – 16:00
Upchurch, Kent ME9 7PE
How your ceremony might look
- Entrance: would you like a traditional entry by the bride along a central aisle? Or would you prefer to enter together? Or be in the ceremony area to greet guests? The options are endless
- Welcome and introduction: I welcome guests on your behalf and then the really individual part begins. Would you like me to talk about love or the importance of marriage? Is there a particularly romantic story you’d like me to tell? Whatever you want, let’s keep it general for the moment, we’ll come to specifics later
- Poem or reading: this is the first point at which someone else might like to get involved. A favourite niece? A close family friend?
- Your story: how did you find each other? What challenges have you faced and what hopes do you share for the future? This is your personal story, told just the way you want it remembered
- Promises: the standard wording of your legal marriage can feel quite cold. Here, in your wedding celebration, you can say exactly what you want to say to the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. The words will be unique, beautifully personal and may well be the most emotional part of the ceremony.
- Ring exchange: even if you exchanged rings in the legal ceremony, why not do it again, this time using the words you want to use? A ring exchange is a traditional part of the celebration for the very good reason that it is meaningful and timeless.
- Poem or reading: another contribution here, either read by me or by a guest. The more serious part is over, this is the point at which you can start to have fun.
- Ritual / symbolic action: the options truly are endless and the only limit is your own imagination. I’ve given some ideas on the Symbolic Action page but you are free to adapt or invent your own. This is YOUR ceremony.
- Certificate signing: you sign a Marriage Schedule at the Register Office but I can provide a certificate for you to sign at the end of your celebration. A great opportunity for photographs and a lovely memento for you to keep for decades. Just remember that it isn’t a legal document
- Music: pre-recorded or live music is a wonderful addition to any wedding celebration and, again, there are lots of options for weaving it into your ceremony.
- Please remember that, whatever you include in your wedding celebration, the ceremony has no legal standing and should happen after you complete the formalities at a Register office or place of worship.